My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

My name is Valeri . This blog is devoted to our daily lives as adoptive parents to our son. Our blog details our ups and downs in our crazy adoption process as well as our daily adventures as first time parents. We received Jensen on May 21, 2007 and our lives couldn't be any sweeter!!!!!!

Friday, May 18, 2007

We' re Here!!!

We made it here to Guangzhou about 6:00 this morning. Our flight was pretty nice. I slept through most of it, thanks to Advil PM. We did have a moment of panic at first because it took a very long time to receive our luggage. I was a nutcase for a few minutes I must admit. We were picked up at the airport by our Small World representative Rebecca. She is so sweet and she has a great sense of humor, too. We look forward to working with her during our trip. We will have another guide named David that will meet with us tomorrow at 9:30 am. We were supposed to meet with him today, but he was very busy with another Small World family who had a Visa disaster and who had to fly home this evening. Scary! I hope nothing happens to us like that!
We're just vegetating in our hotel room today. We're still pretty tired. We'll venture out later to get something to eat and walk around the area. Of course, we're here resting in our room and Ron just had to find ESPN on the tv....and a Red Sox game. I can't even get away from the Red Sox while I'm in China!!!! LOL
It's very hot and humid here in Guangzhou. I'm so glad that our hotel has wonderful air conditioning. I'm not a fan of humidity. I hope it's bearable in the days to come because I can't wait to venture out and explore this area. We're not posting any pictures today because it's rainy and the picture quality isn't the greatest in our opinion.
We just wanted to let everyone know that we're safe and sound here at the White Swan Hotel. Not too shabby of a place, I must say.....

10 Comments:

Blogger mskajlc said...

Glad to hear your flight went well.. now bring on Jensen!!!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am glad that you got there ok... not long now until Jensen... had to laugh at Ron finding ESPN... I read that bit to Mike so he is happy that it can be picked up there and was even happier that the Red Sox were on over there... hahaha... Valerie... I say just 'go with the Red Sox thing... don't fight it'... it will make life easier...hahaha... Good luck - Love Fliss

4:57 AM  
Blogger Mom 2 six said...

I was so excited to get up and see you posted. Glad you made it safe and sound and got your luggage. Enjoy the time- it's an amazing counrty.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Waiting2BAMom said...

Thank goodness you were finally able to post. I have been checking your site like crazy! Glad you made it there okay and very excited to continue to follow your journey!!!!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm so glad to hear you made it!! Enjoy yourself becuase pretty soon you won't have any free time! Same thing with my hubby when we went to Korea to get Nate, as soon as we got to our hotel room he had to find the armed force network television station so he could see a football game!!!

5:26 AM  
Blogger lara said...

glad you had a good trip , i am so glad i can follow your journey.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

A P.S. for Ron from Mike... remember what station ESPN is on that we figure by the time we get there that it will be football season and so he can watch the Patriots... sorry, he doesn't like the Steelers... Love Fliss

8:50 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Dearest Valeri,
So pleased and elated you and Ron arrived ok and everything is going well.
Thinking of you!!! So exciting!!

12:07 PM  
Blogger SARA said...

Glad you made it safely with no problems!!! Now get to the Jensen pics!!!!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger S to the Power of SIX!!! said...

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home