My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

My name is Valeri . This blog is devoted to our daily lives as adoptive parents to our son. Our blog details our ups and downs in our crazy adoption process as well as our daily adventures as first time parents. We received Jensen on May 21, 2007 and our lives couldn't be any sweeter!!!!!!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Nervous/Excited

I have all sorts of emotions churning inside of me right now. In less than 24 hours I am going to be a mother. My stomach is in knots right now about this. I am so nervous and worried about how he is going to react to us tomorrow. I know he is going to be so scared of these strange people taking him. (Well...Ron is stranger than me...ha ha) He'll be scared of leaving everything that he is familiar and used to in his life. It will absolutely kill me seeing him so sad and frightened. I hope he will be able to sense and understand just how very much we love him. Tomorrow will be the most wonderful day of our life as a family. I just have to learn to let Jensen grieve for his former life. It's all going to change all so quickly for such a little boy. It will be a hard adjustment for him.

4 Comments:

Blogger mskajlc said...

I am not going to be able to sleep tonight, I will be stalking your blog! Cant wait to see the pics of Jensen in your arms!!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Mom 2 six said...

Love and patience ... can't wait till Jensen is with you.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Cavatica said...

How exciting... and you'd be nuts if you weren't nervous. What big changes for a little one, but you'll be there to help him through.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Tracey said...

Good luck, we will be in the same situation just 2 weeks from now. Our little one is in Shantou.

I love watching your trip and the best luck tomorrow!

Jeff & Tracey
http://thestoryofus2007.blogspot.com

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home