My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

My name is Valeri . This blog is devoted to our daily lives as adoptive parents to our son. Our blog details our ups and downs in our crazy adoption process as well as our daily adventures as first time parents. We received Jensen on May 21, 2007 and our lives couldn't be any sweeter!!!!!!

Monday, May 21, 2007

Gotcha Day






Here's what all of you have been waiting for.......introducing Jensen Morgan XiaoMing Korber!!!!! He is the sweetest little boy in the world. When the adoption officers from the DongGuan orphanage brought him to us today he was dressed in a cute pair of pajamas. Everything happened in such a rush there, actually. He came to us and didn't cry. He was actually pretty much emotionless. He didn't know what the heck was going on. I was on my best behavior. I didn't bawl. I promised myself that I wouldn't scare him by sobbing. We noticed that he has a heat rash and some mosquito bites. We were told the mosquitos are bad right now in DongGuan. Thankfully we took him to a clinic and the doctor checked him out. He said we could use the ointment we brought from home and that would be fine for him. We just spent the entire rest of the day in our hotel room because the weather has been utterly miserable all day long. We have plenty of food here for all of us to eat so we decided it was best to vegetate inside. It took Jensen a while to warm up to us, but I think he's starting to get used to us little by little. We brought some different toys from home for him and he is obsessed with a little red car. He keeps holding onto it for dear life. We gave him a bath tonight, too. I was worried how he would react to the water, but he loved it!! We got to hear his first laughs and see his first smiles as he splashed away in the tub. He sure splashed Mommy a lot! His laugh was so sweet. He's only had one "meltdown" so far. When I went to take a much needed potty break, the tears poured. He wanted his Mommy. Yes, he is a Mommy's boy....ok...I know it's only one day....but he's stolen my heart!!!!!!!!!!!


22 Comments:

Blogger mskajlc said...

OMG!!!! He is just perfect!!! Congratulations Mommy and Daddy!!

Love,
Very proud "Aunt" Sheryl

5:57 AM  
Blogger SARA said...

OK. I am bawling for you!!! He is sooo cute! But you know he will be totally embarrassed one day when he realizes his naked body was on the internet!! LOL You guys look so happy!
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Finally!!!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

So glad to know your family is together now! Jensen is adorable! Enjoy every minute.

Shannon

6:23 AM  
Blogger Jet said...

WOW!!! He's beautiful! Look at those eyes! Congratulations!

Jet

6:30 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

This is a moment to be treasured forever.
I can't believe I'm actually seeing photos..wow..I'm so thrilled and excited and elated.
Unfortunately we've been poorly and the boys have been sick as I would have posted a message sooner.
Lots of love and hugs to you and gorgeous Jensen.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Chrissie said...

Valeri and Ron - Congratulations to you both! He's just the cutest, and I hope it continues to go well for you during your stay in China.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valeri & Ron,

He is beautiful!! Congrats!!

6:57 AM  
Blogger thundrrds said...

ohhhhhhhhh.
very happy for all 3 of you!!!! You're off to a great start together as a family!

Joanne, Guy, Mira Bei Bei and Shona Xiao Hua

6:59 AM  
Blogger Mom 2 six said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes ! Jensen is perfect !
What an amazing day for you.
You both look so proud.
Congrats you are now a family of 3.
Mia carried around a little red cup for days which was fine with me-any thing to make them better.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

He looks wonderful! I'm so happy for all of you!

7:38 AM  
Blogger mama d said...

How can it be that we don't know each other and I'm sitting here crying over how beautiful your new family looks?! He's perfect.

Oh, happy day!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Congratulations! I've seen you go through this journey from the beginning and I am thrilled for your new and improved family! Enjoy your son!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Congrats!!!! I'm so thrilled for y'all....and of course bawling too!!!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Jensen is absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy for you!

Sarah

9:14 AM  
Blogger S to the Power of SIX!!! said...

Congrats!! He looks GREAT. We are very happy for you!!

Scott, Shelby, Sawyer and soon Saxton

9:20 AM  
Blogger lara said...

congratulations you all look so happy im so so thrilled for you all.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Congrats! He is an adorable boy, and you and your hubby look so happy! I am very excited for you.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I just couldn't be any happier for you! He is amazing.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Finally... I have been hearing about him for so long and now... congrats to the two of you and congrats to the future Patriots/Red Sox supporter for finally finding your mum and dad... now you have your 'forever family'... ok... now he is here... more pictures... Ron, sit him in front of ESPN... you need to get him trained...lol... I actually left work an hour early cause the wait was killing me and the nearest interent to my work was mine... how is that for dedication...lol... I am so happy for you all... Love Fliss

11:43 AM  
Blogger Lori and John said...

Congratulations. It is been a long time coming. In a few short months that passive little shy boy will be doing crazy things to make you laugh everyday. Enjoy it just gets better!

Lori
proud mom to Maya 18 months

12:37 PM  
Blogger Applecore said...

Oh he is adorable! I am so happy for you!!! /Helena in Sweden

1:27 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

YAY~ awesome! He looks so sweet! Congratulations!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home