My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

My name is Valeri . This blog is devoted to our daily lives as adoptive parents to our son. Our blog details our ups and downs in our crazy adoption process as well as our daily adventures as first time parents. We received Jensen on May 21, 2007 and our lives couldn't be any sweeter!!!!!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Rough Day

Today wasn't all peaches and cream. I got pretty sick from the heat. Most places here do not have air conditioning and it took a toll of my stomach. I've felt queasy all day long and dead tired. Luckily SuperDad Ron stepped in to save the day. He took care of Jensen while I took a much needed rest. I think all the lack of sleep caught up to me in all honesty.
Today we had our Notary Appointment for Jensen's adoption. It all went very smoothly. We were at the office for no more than an hour I guess. Jensen is officially ours now. We signed all the paperwork for his legal adoption today. Tomorrow we will go to the Police Station to get the paperwork for his passport. It will take five days to process.
Jensen had his difficult moments today, too. He doesn't like to eat much. The only thing he'll eat from us is rice cereal, some congee and some cheerios and goldfish crackers. Maybe this is just an adjustment period for him. Hopefully he'll start to get an appetite.
I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

9 Comments:

Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Come to Florida Valerie... you will get use to the heat... I think I may have an advantage there when we go to China...lol... just joking. Glad all is well... glad you got that needed rest... take it easy and enjoy the adventures... Love Fliss

6:27 AM  
Blogger mskajlc said...

Aww, I hope you feel better today. The heat can really do a number on your body.
Did you try offering Jensen fruit like bananas and watermelon? Lia loved the fruit and would eat it all day long.

7:36 AM  
Blogger SARA said...

Hope you get to feeling better. That stinks!!!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Mom 2 six said...

Hope you feel better. Our Mia-Faith only ate Cheerios and small chinese cookies. Nothing else -looking back I think it was shock. She is a great eater now. Congrats on the paperwork...

10:31 AM  
Blogger mama d said...

It will get better and he'll eat more. And, you'll feel more relaxed each day. I predict ;-).

10:45 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm sure things will get better. In our experience things had to get worse before they got better. It will all work out, it just takes time.
Best of luck, I know he is in good hands.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Valeri..you've been ill aswell!! We're just recovering from our illnesses.I think you are right..lack of sleep and the build up.
I imagine Jensen will be going through so many emotions aswell.Don't worry too much about his food intake..he'll probably be ok in a few days.
I think the first few weeks and months are the hardest.
Hope you feel better soon..HUGS coming your way and thinking of you.Hes so cute!!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Make sure you stay hydrated! That heat and humidity will get to a person! I hope you feel better.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Valeri,

I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. This heat is crazy!! It is even hotter here in Hefei. They said this is not normal. I hope that you and Jensen get to feeling better real soon.

April

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home